Pages

Recent Posts

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Whooooo are yooou?

I made this last Friday for a birthday try to guess what it could be!! muhahaha

a sock? maybe an ice scraper cover?
hmmm...more clues to the puzzle but what could it be?
another hint, have you guessed it yet?

how about now? (this is just gonna have to stay sideways blogger is driving me nuts right now) 
 .
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
any final guesses?!

okay I'll just tell (show) you. it's an OWL!! hoooot hooooot i looove owls, no joke I even have one that sits outside my window staring at me for a LONG time, kind of creepy. I prefer the kind that can't swoop down and eat my cat so that's what this is.

I made this hat with extra yarn I had then I decided to just give a hat is pretty LAME-O so I found a really quick and easy owl pattern online (thanks raverly!) and knitted him up that night while I watched The Office, Community and Outsourced. I'm a sucker for those types of shows I guess. if only 30 Rock had been on it would have been complete haha. wow that makes it look like I watch a lot of TV but that's pretty much it for the week except for Survivor and AMazing Race. I'll just stop now haha.

It was a super easy pattern to follow and if you know how to knit, purl, K2TOG you could make this no problem. The original pattern just said to use felt for the nose and eyes but I wanted to have it be all knitted/crocheted so I made up my own nose pattern then I just did 2 easy crocheted circles for the eyes.

I have another one almost completed now and I plan on making a smaller one to go with it to match another set of hats I made a few weeks ago. That might be my new thing, making a small toy to go with the hats I make. I have big plans for this pattern I could turn it into a robot, a cat, a dog, a car...the possibilties are endless!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...