I use the term chocolate cake very liberally here just in case you all believe that I actually ate real chocolate cake.....
I'll share this 1 (ish) minute recipe with you. Original recipe found here. I changed the recipe up a bit to fit my tastes/needs a little better. Mine is more like a thick chocolate fudge/pudding/cake, mine doesn't really resemble cake at all but I love it because it makes me think I'm eating batter....which we all know is the best part of anything you can bake.
One-Minute Chocolate Cake
Serves one but you can share if you want to :)
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons of some sort of flour, I used Almond Meal, it's just better for you
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar-- I omitted this and just used agave to sweeten it
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 stevia packet (or 1 more tablespoon sugar)-Again I omitted this and used agave instead
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or vegetable oil- I used 1 tablespoon mashed banana
- 3 tablespoons milk of choice, almond milk, regular milk it doesn't matter
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
Her recipe also shows a thick fudgey frosting that she makes with coconut butter, cocoa, banana, etc.....I tried to make my own coconut butter by blending unsweetened coconut flakes like she says to but I must live in the climate where it doesn't work because I just got really snow, powdery coconut. Also I'm pretty sure my coconut was olderish so it was probably a little dryer than it should have been. So instead of using 'frosting' I cut up the rest of the banana that I used earlier and put that on top, it was good.
I'll admit, I have a huge sweet tooth and this was not as sweet as I was hoping but with the extra banana it wasn't bad, still I might add one stevia packet next time and use a little less agave.
When I get back from running errands, I'll probably cut up my jiccim, sprinkle a little lemon juice and chili powder on them and have something a little more nutritious for my afternoon snack.
I took pictures but don't have time to upload them, I just realized what time it is and I have to go run several errands, come home make dinner, gather fundraiser stuff and run to the church to set up tables. Why am I such a procrastinator?!