Pages

Recent Posts

Friday, February 3, 2012

Pinterest Crafting #5

This post will actually be more like Pinterest baking...or Pinterest microwaving...

A little known (or perhaps well known?) fact about me is I LOVE caramel corn. I've been known to manipulate a mom or two into making me some. I never knew I had the power to make my own, WEIRD. haha I just get too bored standing at the stove, and getting burned from the steam is not very fun. So when I came across this 6 Minute Caramel, I knew I had to try it. Lucky for me, we had all the ingredients so I started posthaste.

The first time I made this, I poured it into an 8x8 dish to cool. It took, f.o.r.e.v.e.r. to set up, and never really did. So I smartened up.

For FHE this week we listened to some talks so I made this 6 minute caramel again (at the request of my brother) but this time, I air popped a batch of popcorn and poured the caramely ooy gooy goodness over the popcorn. It was a huge hit. I didn't even bake it, which makes it a little more sticky but that's alright.

Here's the recipe:

Directions:

  1. Combine all ingredients in microwave safe bowl.
  2. Cook 6 minutes, stirring every two minutes.
  3. Stir and pour into lightly greased dish. (at this point, you should have a bowl of kernel free popcorn waiting and pour it allllll over, then skip all the other steps.)
  4. Let cool.
  5. Cut, wrap in wax paper & store in air tight container.

The next day my brother tried to force me to make him some more...but it's reallllly not an every day treat haha, they'd have to forklift us out of the house if it was.

There was quite a bit of caramel in this batch, I used 1/2 cup of corn kernels. Next time I might do a little more popcorn so it's not quite so covered...although that's part of why it's so good ;)

Here's a link to my baking board. I recently pinned a recipe for a cookie dough dip made from chickpeas, a recipe for coconut milk w/ cocoa whipped together, and a link to how to make your own powdered sugar using sugar substitutes.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...