A little known (or perhaps well known?) fact about me is I LOVE caramel corn. I've been known to manipulate a mom or two into making me some. I never knew I had the power to make my own, WEIRD. haha I just get too bored standing at the stove, and getting burned from the steam is not very fun. So when I came across this 6 Minute Caramel, I knew I had to try it. Lucky for me, we had all the ingredients so I started posthaste.
The first time I made this, I poured it into an 8x8 dish to cool. It took, f.o.r.e.v.e.r. to set up, and never really did. So I smartened up.
For FHE this week we listened to some talks so I made this 6 minute caramel again (at the request of my brother) but this time, I air popped a batch of popcorn and poured the caramely ooy gooy goodness over the popcorn. It was a huge hit. I didn't even bake it, which makes it a little more sticky but that's alright.
Here's the recipe:
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup light Karo syrup
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
(ya it's REALLY healthy for you too....double bonus :))
- Combine all ingredients in microwave safe bowl.
- Cook 6 minutes, stirring every two minutes.
- Stir and pour into lightly greased dish. (at this point, you should have a bowl of kernel free popcorn waiting and pour it allllll over, then skip all the other steps.)
- Let cool.
- Cut, wrap in wax paper & store in air tight container.
Here's a link to my baking board. I recently pinned a recipe for a cookie dough dip made from chickpeas, a recipe for coconut milk w/ cocoa whipped together, and a link to how to make your own powdered sugar using sugar substitutes.