Pages

Recent Posts

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Civil Wars

I love this band. I found them after listening to the Hunger Games soundtrack. They do that song with Taylor Swift. Well since the guy looks like Johnny Depp and I enjoyed that song I decided to look them up on Spotify. I LOVE THEM!! I don't typically like that countryish music but it's kind of it's own genre (kind of a mix between country, blue grass, roots, rock, etc). I've been listening to it on repeat for awhile now :). This is my most favorite song so far...really it's the one I keep replaying so I'm sure their other stuff is just as good.


In other news, I'm feeling very productive today. I got off work at 6, came home and slept a little longer just because I can. I woke up refreshed and excited for the day. A guy came and fixed our washing machine that hasn't worked for over a week...ya laundry times 5 people...yikes. While I waited for him, I got dinner in the crockpot and the potatoes boiled (BBQ pulled pork and potato salad). After he left I took a jaunt into town (where I'm happy to say I didn't mentally yell at all the Canadians, I think listening to Mindy Gledhill and other calming music has been helping my road rage ;)). Went to the Asian market to pick up sushi makings for our Mutual activity tonight. Made a few stops then came home. I put The Civil Wars on my Spotifiy and looked up recipes to make my own fortune cookies for tonight (might not happen). Now I'm blogging, I have to send off a few emails and start getting stuff ready for next week's Mutual activity. We are making Temple Time Capsules with the girls, with special guest speakers from our stake. It will be good. Today is good.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...