Pages

Recent Posts

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Stop on Green

Driving through Ferndale after work this afternoon I accidentally stopped at a green light. Then it turned red, luckily nobody else was close enough behind me to be mad.

Things like that always make me wonder. Most likely, I'm just an airhead who wasn't paying much attention. But I also think about what if I was supposed to be 15 seconds behind where I was? I know it's a little silly but these are the things I think about.

My neighbor shared a story about her brother back in 2001 when the World Trade Centers were hit. Her brother worked high up in one of the buildings. As he left to go to work, his cats got out and he had to chase them down and put them back before he could leave for work, making him late. The airplanes hit the buildings after he was supposed to be at work. There are many stories like that for that particular day, and I'm sure there are stories that are the opposite of that too.

I'm sure my stopping at a green light had no earth shattering impact or anything like that, but I find myself always thinking things like that.

It would make a really cool book idea, I call dibs!! Just gotta finish writing my other 2-4 books first :)

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...