Pages

Recent Posts

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pinterest Crafting #3

please note that my kayak (seen in blue) does NOT make a good sled...
This Thursday has snuck up on me big time!! I'm going to be honest, I haven't left the house except on Sunday (when I went to a meeting--in between snow falls) it's now Thursday. It takes me about 15-20 minutes to drive to work on a regular, no snow day. There is also one significant hill, and one smaller hill between me and work. I don't drive in the snow so everyone who lives just a few minutes from work have been covering my shifts...I hate being that person who is a 'driving through snow baby' but I am. So I've been cooped up all week along with the rest of my family --except my dad who knows how to drive in the snow and has a bigger vehicle. I've made snow ice cream multiple times, had snowball fights when the snow was packable (now it's lame-o powder), made a small snowman, blogged a lot, listened to spotify pretty much constantly, watching season 1 of Prison Break (Michael cough Linc cough).

I've also done a few Pinterest things that I'll post now.
 this is the beginning of a hat that I started last night. I don't think I really should be knitting/crocheting with my messed up hands (they keep 'freezing' in a curled position when any pressure is put on them) but it's SNOWING for crying out loud, snow is made for knitting and drinking hot cocoa don'tcha know.
I've made this hat before but I just pinned the pattern this week. See my knitting board here.

This is kind of a cheat post since I haven't completed this hat yet, but I also have made these cookies 2 times. I was trying to find something for Shelley to do this week so we baked. Our first batch did not work and went in the trash. I tried to tweak the recipe and added half a teaspoon of peppermint to the batter (in theory, good. in real life, bad). So today we remade them how they're supposed to be made. They are flour-less and pretty chocolaty. They are like a brownie but flatter and less calories. This recipe makes 24 cookies so I did 12 regular and the other 12 I added half a crushed up candy cane which turned out a little minty and much better than using the extract.

The recipe was found on King Arthur Flour site here's the recipe:

  • 2 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon espresso powder- I did NOT use this FYI it's optional
  • 1 cup cocoa powder, Dutch-process (European-style) preferred*
  • 3 large egg whites
  • 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
  • *For darker, richer-looking cookies, substitute 1/4 cup black cocoa for 1/4 cup of the Dutch-process cocoa
I have no idea what the heck dutch process cocoa powder is, all I know is it's way expensive so I just used the cheaper hershey stuff and it worked just fine.

Mix everything together in a bowl and bake at 350 for 8-12 minutes-- mine baked for about 12 min and were still a little soft which I like.

They are good, definitely a richer treat but moderation is good, or so I've been told ;).



Hope everyone is enjoying the snow, or whatever weather you happen to be experiencing, it doesn't snow here that often so when it does I love to hunker down and do my own thing, can you pick up what I'm throwing down? (Sorry wayyy too much Prison Break , I've been working on my street cred.)

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...