Pages

Recent Posts

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thankful day 3

This is just easier. I figure since its thanksgiving week I'll just finish off the week writing my thankful posts here then I'll start in my personal journal.

Today I am thankful for many things (as always) but particularly heaters and my coworkers and bosses. I'm thankful for the warmth I have access too. I complain a lot about how cold I am but that's just because I'm always cold but I know it could be a lot worse.
I'm thankful for my job, coworkers, and bosses. I work at a pretty cool place and although it can be pretty stressful and intense at times, it really is a great place to work. I feel like I'm actually doing something good and necessary when I go to work.

I was customer service for the mall for years and never once did I feel like I was really making a difference or truly helping someone. Sure I gave people directions to Macy's and trader joes all the time, I wrapped the gifts they were too lazy...I mean busy to wrap themselves, I was the central person in terms of communicating with security and the mall office. But I never did good. I never felt happy there.

At this job where I work in a home as a caretaker for developmentally disabled adults, I feel needed and I feel like I have the power the help people. It's also a lot of fun most of the time, we have some big personalities here and it's fun learning about them and spending time doing the things they like to do. I also have pretty great bosses, I've known them my whole life and when they took over running the GH they asked me to work for them. They are so nice and generous all the time. They can and will do anything for our clients and they always make sure everyone is happy and healthy (both employees and residents). They go above and beyond and provide a wonderful work environment.


So for my goals, last night I restarted working on my personal progress for YW since I'm in the presidency I get the chance to go through the program again. Im actually really excited to get another medallion, they've changed since the last time I got one :). No progress on the organization front, I slept a total of one broken up hour last night due to raging winds and lots of GH windows so I didn't accomplish much today...

1 comments:

Andrea said...

What a great idea to do as a Presidency!
I love this.
Thanksgiving really snuck up on me this year.
I hate being cold too but you are right, it could be a lot worse.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...