Pages

Recent Posts

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

"I thought Spa meant swimming"

Just a fun quote from our YW activity tonight from one of the young men. We decided that the girls had A LOT going on over the last couple weeks, girls camp, efy, youth conference so for our activity tonight we decided to have a low key spa night. I hope it was low key for them because it wasn't for me!! :) I have to organize my thoughts/pictures before I post about my weekend scrap-booking retreat so maybe I'll have time to do that tomorrow, maybe.....

For our spa night, I randomly decided that I wanted to do pink and zebra print. It kind of worked out but then I forgot to grab my zebra paper so I had to use random 12x12 scrapbooking papers:
 our table set up. Each girl had a 12x12 scrapbook paper with a water bottle 'labeled' with a piece of funky duct tape that I threw together like an hour before activity. It was quick and cheap. Then I got different sized jars and filled them up with needed nail supplies (cotton balls, swabs, makeup sponges, home made lotion, nail files, cuticle sticks, and nail polish remover). There were also small soaking bowls (2 for $1 at dollar tree) that I put between each mat. Some girls soaked their nails, some didn't.
 A close up view. I also got a $1 metal tray and put the nail polish on that just to be fancy-ish. I just used those cheap plastic table clothes that are like 80 cents just so we didn't ruin the table.
 another close up I guess, I took really random pictures.
Off to the side we had a little table station set up where girls could make their own sugar scrub. We bought little jars for $1 several months ago and have been saving them for this activity. You fill up a little jar 3/4 of the way with sugar then mix in Dawn Renewal dishsoap pomegranate flavor until it's a good consistency. There is no wrong or right way to do it, just until it's a texture you like. Then we had the girls try it out. It's nice to use this hand soap because it makes your hands super soft and it's great if you're a gardener it gets dirt and grim off lickety split!!
Then the girls painted their nails (sorry for the weird color, my camera was on a weird setting). We also 'baked' washcloths for a fun spa treatment. What you do is fill up a bowl or sink with water, add a few drops of essential oils, I had Eucalyptus so that's what we used, place the washcloths into the water and let them soak for a few minutes. Next wring them out pretty well and roll them tightly and place in a 9x13 glass pan. Cover pan with foil (or smashed pie pans if your church foil cupboard happens to be locked :/) and bake for 20 minutes on 350. Serve the cloths with tongs (make sure to warn everyone that they're very warm and hold them by the tag to avoid being burned.) One of the scrapbooking ladies does this for us every year at our EMW scrapbooking retreat and it's my favorite part of the weekend!! It's so refreshing and great.

I think the girls had a good time, we realized it was later than we thought so we ended with some ice cream treats to celebrate a YW's birthday then the girls went home. It was fun. I went crazy while setting it up but that's just how I roll I guess.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...