Pages

Recent Posts

Monday, September 10, 2012

Sookie and Lorelai

Are you familiar with this reference? If not, you've never seen the popular syndicated (I just use words when I don't know what they mean) TV series, Gilmore Girls, it's about a mother and daughter duo making it on the hard streets of Stars Hallow. I'm lying, it is about a mother/daughter but they have a 'fluffy' life and most of the show consists of them making quipy remarks back and forth and solving their boy troubles. It's one of my favorites because you don't have to watch it, you can listen and you don't miss anything :).

ANYWAYS. My very favorite house is for sale. Kind of sad, but kind of happy too!! Back 'in the day' it was a popular bed and breakfast in our little town of Ferndale, but it hasn't been used as a B&B for several years now. I actually went to elementary school with a boy who's family owed it. Here's a few pics so you can see why I love it so much:


ahhhh it's like a real live doll house. Quaint is the word I'm looking for here.

 Love everything down to the outdated wallpaper and wooden floors
 YES, YES, YES, YES
 Be still my heart.
love it.

I am obsessed with this house. I look at it every time I drive by. When I was a kid I always wanted to stay the night there but never did. I still want to stay the night there but never have. 

So my grand plan. Nicole and I will become Sookie and Lorelai (who's who to be determined), win the lottery, buy this house, update it a little bit, restore it to it's former glory and reopen this B&B. 

I'll even let you stay there if you help finance it!! FOR FREE!! ok it's a deal.

Sookie and Lorelai are quirky friends who talk a lot.
For reference: Sookie on left, Lorelai on right
So Nicole said I should be Lorelai because I'm bossy and tell people what to do to get stuff done. Which is very true. But Sookie gets to cook/bake all day and just hang out. I like that too, I'm not a 'people person' so I would probably prefer to be back in a kitchen. Well once the purchase is made, we'll iron out the details. Next we'll need to find a Luke, Rory, Emily, Richard, Dean, and Lane.

If any of that makes sense to you, we can be friends. 

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I don't tgink I used the word "bossy" ok maybe I did. My dad will give us 21 cents but only if we can match it. So, we are pretty much there as far as financing.

Amanda said...

perfect, so we're set I'll call up windermere now!!

ME said...

hahahahaha I love this.. and although I was never a real lover of this show (I wasn't a hater either..) I still understand all the refrences. So I am glad we can still be friends! Phew! And I think Nicole is just as bossy... :) So you guys can probably be both. And I will match the 21 cents as well!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...