Pages

Recent Posts

Friday, May 25, 2012

Nausea be GONE!!

I think I'm on to something here. Nausea must be hereditary in my family because lots of us have it. My family is one for passing down all the genes you don't want ;) kind of kidding but kind of not. If only the good stuff had been passed down, I'd be really awesome. ANYWAYS. My friend Nicole was telling me about these little meltaway motion sickness tablets (I think these are the right ones?). I bought some at the co-op the other day and I used some last night and they worked!! I have issues with getting motion sick in the back of a car unless I'm looking straight out the window or am sleeping. I wish I had gotten the reading in the car gene that my grandma has. Alas, I didn't.
These don't really taste like anything, they just dissolve under your tongue and are all natural. They seemed to work well for me.
These little guys are called seabands. You put them around your wrist 2.5 fingers down from where you wrist bends. The little white thing has a protruding plastic thing that presses into a nerve or something that controls nausea (very scientific wording there). For some reason I feel a little claustrophobic when I wear them (thanks to my ancestors again) but after a few minutes that goes away and it seems to help. It's very highly possible these are both placebos and have no real effect but my mind lets me believe they do so they do!! Hooray!! I call that success. 
I also bought this ginger honey tea that's supposed to help with nausea too but I haven't tried it yet. If you suffer from car sickness or other nausea inducing ailments, I suggest these natural remedies to YOU.

(Why is it that I can ride every ride at Disneyland/world, go upside down on 6 roller coasters in a row, be jerked to and fro and not get motion sick?) (oh ya I remember.....the day after I get back from any of these exciting places I have the worst vertigo EVER recorded. I remember very vividly falling to the floor when I woke up after getting back from Disneyland a few years ago. I stayed there the rest of the day, I literally couldn't get up because the ceiling was the floor and I was laying on the walls.....awesome. however Disneyworld must put something in their water because I didn't feel this way at all after going there. Maybe they just sweat it out of you, or maybe I was preoccupied with a gigantic purple&blue fractured foot that I had continued to walk 436 miles a day on for 4 days, that's probably it)

Wow that's so random.

In other news. I miss Downton Abbey, A LOT. A lot a lot. Since the new season won't air until something like next February (ridiculous) I have to get my 'fix' elsewhere. Introducing Mansfield Park.
I watched this movie while I made my YW handouts a few days ago (or yesterday?). I really enjoyed it. Why haven't I seen it before now? ughh so much time wasted!! Since all those old books are free, I downloaded the book to my kindle/iPad last night and started reading it. Yikes, I'm starting to get my Fanny Prices mixed up with my Trices and 4's (Insurgent). I'm reading too many books at the same time. It's ok though, if I feel like reading, then rereading the same page 4 times, I read Mansfield Park :), if I feel like zipping through chapters in just a few minutes I read Insurgent, if I feel like reading about WW2 and LDS missionaries, I read Rumors of Wars. You get the idea.

I haven't read a book for like a month or longer, so weird guess I'm just making up for lost time.

How do nausea and mansfield park go together? They don't.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...