Pages

Recent Posts

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Helvetica

Last night on Instagram I posted this photo:
                                                                         

I was working on a wedding shower invite for my cousins friend and I randomly took a picture of my screen and posted it just because I can. One of my many IG followers (really I'm super famous on IG) Kristin commented on it and asked what fonts I used. (Perhaps I'll change the invite info. and post the completed invitation someday too).

I have a confession. I am in love with fonts. I don't care who knows it. I don't care if it's a sans font or an un-sans font they are (almost) all wonderful. Comic Sans is not wonderful and I will flick your earlobes with all the strength my double jointed fingers can muster if I catch you using it.

Confession, the first thing I did when I got my laptop was google fonts and downloaded about 80.

To commemorate my love of fonts, and my ever growing collection I decided to do one of those little fonts I love things that are all the rage right now. At least in my digital font loving world.

Disclaimer: I am at work doing this on my laptop so I don't have photo shop. I made this in word then took a screen shot so it's not great quality but it's the best I can do tonight.

I didn't want to find the sources of these fonts, I literally just google them and download them as I find them. They are all FREE.I really wish blogger would get some better fonts. I actually like all the fonts they have it would be fun to have a few more options #firstworldproblems.

Anywhooo here it is:



This does not even begin to scratch the surface of my favorite fonts. But it will have a suffice for now whilst I am without photo shop.

PS: Kristin, the fonts I used in the first photo are- DK Suco De Laranda, Janda Stylish Script (it's also the font I used for the 'my favorite fonts' title), Simon Script, and Baskerville? That last one that says Fredrick was changed and I didn't save the file on my laptop.

The Janda fonts are all great, for some reason they didn't make it on here so perhaps I'll have to do another one.

I < 3 fonts

just for fun found via pinterest





 it's really true, even using a san serif font wouldn't look as official

if the world ran on comic sans.....


2 comments:

Kristin said...

Thank you! I am so excited to download some of those!!

Kristin said...

Sidenote: Some of them aren't downloading right onto my computer. GRRR!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...