Pages

Recent Posts

Monday, June 18, 2012

Hold to the Rod

The pretzel rod that is.....

Sam's seminary class ended last Friday. He wanted to get his seminary teacher a gift to say thank you. He couldn't think of what he wanted. We were all brainstorming. Finally one morning at 6am I think I was driving home from work (usually when I have my best/worst ideas). I remembered that TheBilly (seminary teacher) puts a homemade iron rod in the hallway by the door where the students enter the church for seminary. So I started thinking along those limes, I thought I could find or make some sort of iron rod, then I thought, I could make pretzel rods.

So that's what I did. Thursday I went and bought all the supplies (large pretzel rods, almond bark in milk and white chocolate, toffee bits, and other toppings.) That night I melted the chocolate in bowls then lined a few cookie trays with waxed paper. Dipped the pretzels in either white or milk chocolate then rolled them into whatever topping I wanted. I ended up having crushed oreos, toffee bits, chopped white chocolate. I was going to do coconut and dark chocolate but couldn't find either of those things.

I did all sorts of combos. Then let them harden on the waxed paper which only took about 10 minutes. Afterwards, I was going to package them all cute in pretzel bags but didn't have them (shocker) so I put them into a large ugly ziplock.

Late that night after I got home from a 'camp finalization meeting' I found a fun printable of Nephi saying, I want you to hold to the rod. I thought TheBilly would get the humor so I went with it.

Here is the final result:



0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...