Pages

Recent Posts

Friday, August 19, 2011

Raspberry Lemonaid Slush

Are you on a restrictive diet that doesn't allow pleasures such as slurpees, sugared smoothies, or other frozen beverages? Do you gnash your teeth and wail from rooftops when denied such yummyness? If you are, or do, read on my friend, read on.

Today I kept seeing pins for strawberry lemonaid allll over pinterest and I was a little jealous that I couldn't have them cuz of all the sugar required to make them delightful. Then I started craving one but I held strong. My water just wasn't cutting it so I came up with my own version of a healthy Raspberry lemonaid slushy!! huzzzzah!!

All you need is one single serving size packet of crystal lite lemonaid, 10 ounces of water, a handful of frozen raspberries (or strawberries), and a handful of ice, ice baby.
we just happened to have 2 flats of frozen raspberries in the freezer, cuz I put them there 2 days ago and a large container of crystal lite packets...cuz I'm addicted to it's flavored goodness.
After blending all ingredients in a blender, pour into a glass and drink with a straw. I put a little too much ice in mine so towards the end I had to use a spoon, so moral of the story, don't be like me and put less ice in yours.


mmmm mmmm mmmm good. I'm sure I'm not the first to come up with this idea but I like to think I was so just let me live in my delusional world, after all I don't get to eat sugar so I need some sort of fulfillment.

Enjoy!!

oh ya, calorie-wise there's like 20< in this smoothie, for the WHOLE blender and there is enough for 2 drinks...unless you're me...then it's all mine :D. It just depends on how raspberry-ie  you make yours, but raspberries are like 1 calorie each...or so I tell myself. Plus the 5 calories for the lemonaid packet.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...