Pages

Recent Posts

Monday, April 25, 2011

Dear Myself,

There are some things that annoy me, for example:

When people say "I'll give you 110% coach!" Well technically you CAN'T give more than 100%, so why open up that can of worms. If you're only going to give 110% out of infinity, then you're really not trying that hard. That's why, when telling someone in a percentage, how much you'll give them, cap it off at 100%. It's just easier that way.

When patrons at a grocery store, race you to a checkout stand and have a cart FULL of items and I have just 2 items, and they win. If I have a lot at a store and someone comes behind me with just one or two items, I let them go ahead, but that's just me.

In parking lots when you get into your car at the same time as the person parked in front of you and you both take y o u r  t i m e getting into the car so YOU can be the one that pulls forward, then finally give up and admit defeat cuz who has time to sit in the car waiting?

Corn nuts. Just in general, are a HUGE pet peeve of mine. They are stinky and loud and nasty nasty nasty.

When people eat banana's around me, the sound makes me gag.

When someone drinks from a straw inside an empty cup and it makes that awful slurping noise. Just be done with it already!

Cleaning out the dryer lint. I hate doing that. Not sure why...it's NOT hard.

Wrapping the cord around the back of a vacuum cleaner.

So anyways I always tend to think of all the negatives and what I can't stand and things that drive me nuts. I've realized that no matter where I am or what I'm doing, my mind tends to harbor on the things that annoy me in whatever situation I happen to be in. I have to change that! I am on a quest to be a more positive and happy person. That means, when I hear someone say, I'll give you 190%, I will try not to cringe and question why they didn't make it a full 200%...I will be the first to back out so the person in front of me can have an easier time getting out of the parking lot.

Truth be told, we have NO idea what others are going through in their day/lives. Something as simple as holding the door open for someone can make their day. We have no way of know what people are battling so we need to be kind to everyone. We need to not be so quick to judge others and offer a helping hand even if it's out of our comfort zone. We are ALL children of our Heavenly Father and we should all strive to be like him. No matter what our politics are, we all want what's best for our country no matter what our religion, we want to be good people.

I can't even count the number of times I've seen someone and instantly labeled them as something. I have NO CLUE what their life holds. I don't know if they are straight A students, or high school dropouts, I don't know if they have a loving family or if they are abused at home, they could be CEO's of a company or collecting unemployment. We have no way of knowing unless you take the time to get to know them. That's obviously impossible to get to know everyone you see but just keep in mind that they might be having a rough time in life, and let them cut in front of you in the grocery store.

I'm not sure why this post turned in to what it turned in to, maybe it's because we just celebrated Easter, or maybe I'm finally growing up..(?!) Here are a fun quotes that I've found (of course on Pinterest!)

From,
ME!

1 comments:

Valerie said...

As a the glass is half empty person myself, I have been working on being glad. That was my New Year's resolution - be glad without being nauseating - not too much Pollyana but enough. I understand your struggle. \
Valerie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...