Pages

Recent Posts

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Talents

I have this really bad habit of being jealous (or coveting?) other people's skills and talents. I wish I could be a good singer, I wish I could play the piano, I wish I could still play the violin, I wish I could be a painter or sculptor, I wish I knew how to make jewelery, I wish I could be a runner and a hiker, I wish I could be a good cook who makes up recipes, I wish I could be naturally organized, I wish I could be all sorts of things that I'm not.

This is hard for me, I know we all have our talents and skills and not all are the same. Not two people in this world are alike. I know that's for a reason and I know that's what makes the world go 'round but oh how I wish there was a little checklist I could mark to choose what I could be good at! I have to give myself little reminders to not covet those things and to not be secretly jealous of those around me with those talents. I've gotten better and I am genuinely happy for all these talented people around me but sometimes I just wonder, What if...

I don't know why I'm writing this blog, probably because I'm bored and don't have much to do right now. ...

This train of thought reminds me of the Dr. Seuss book, If I Ran the Circus. I have NO idea why but I oftentimes relate real life issues or scenarios to Dr. Seuss books...weird, maybe, but it makes sense to my crazy backwards brain. Oh that's another thing, I wish I could be a writer, of anything really. Maybe children's books, or cheesy juvenile lit or even just a random column in a newspaper would be fun.

My point is, I do not have these talents and if I want them I have to do something about it. I can't regrow my voice to become a good singer so I won't even bother and my brain is not hardwired to be organized all the time and that's ok too. But there are other things I can learn to do. I don't have to be the best at them or even good at them as long as I feel some sense of accomplishment I think that will be enough for me. I can run my own circus.

That is all. I really have no idea what this post is all about but I rarely do!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...