Pages

Recent Posts

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hallelujah

I am obsessed with Leonard Cohen's song Hallelujah. I have probably even posted about it before. Maybe I've listened to different covers of it 24 times today maybe I'll have it stuck in my head for the next 4 weeks, I'm ok with that. I thought I'd share in the madness so here are my favorite covers:


  Kurt Nilsen and others. This video was a big lesson in not judging a book by it's cover....the first part is a little iffy but once that one guy starts singing it's all over. I would never in a million years think that voice could come out of that guy and I feel bad for thinking that but I'm just being honest. I'm thoroughly impressed with him and might have youtubed him and listened to other songs he's done.
 



Rufus Wainright did a version for Shrek and his version is ok...not my favorite but it's still good



Random Youtubers this is prolly my favorite unknown cover. They are amazing.



Jeff Buckley. duh. THe first cover of this song that I loved and it will always be one of my favorites



another random Youtuber. This lady was the last one I found and I think she has a good voice too. Anywho...

Have fun not watching all those videos haha. I just LOVE this song.

1 comments:

Tracy said...

Ok sister ... here are some of my favorite versions of this song (also one of my favorite songs):

During the Haiti benefit last year Justin Timberlake sang this song with Matt Morris (an artist that JT signed to his own label). I love me some JT!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guL4KgkheoM

Then of course KD Lang sang it at the Opening Ceremonies last year in Vancouver:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-bj4TccyKk

And lastly, Jason Castro sang it on American Idol a few years back, love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2nRxKC-OyA

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...