Pages

Recent Posts

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Truffles

This is the story of how much I now love dates. You know those yucky looking pruney things?
We know this family who makes some of the best/healthiest food. It's the best because you don't KNOW it's healthy! They've shared various recipes over the years but this is my very favorite!

They are truffles.
But they're not.
They have coconut.
They have chocolate.
They have pecans (or walnuts).
They have vanilla.
They have pitted dates.
That's it.

Seriously if I had tasted one and not known what was in it, I NEVER would have guessed there was no sugar added or that it's main ingredient was dates.

This picture sure makes it look appetizing right?! ;)

1/2 cup of pitted dates
1/4 cup nut of choice (I had pecans)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 T unsweetened cocoa powder
Blend all of that up in a food processor until smooth
Roll into small balls and roll in unsweetened coconut
I cut too many dates so I doubled the recipe except I used just 1.5 T cocoa powder, everything else was doubled.

Seriously just try them. I want one now!

Thanks Billy and Jamie for sharing your talent of making yucky food delicious!

(BTW I did some math and figured out that with my doubled recipe each truffle has 90 calories. My recipe made 15 total)

1 comments:

Black Family said...

YAY! I love that u posted this! post more of what you try...I am so gonna try these!!!!!!!thank you thank you thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...